Thursday, August 5, 2010

Baseball

Riley played Coach Pitch baseball this year and Cody was his coach.

Unfortunately, between dealing with Chase and somehow becoming the Assistant to the coaches (helping the kids get ready to bat and keeping the line up in order), I didn't get to record Riley at the bat as much as I had planned. I missed some of his best hits. He really did a great job, I was so proud of him.

Look at that stance, doesn't he look like a pro.
Cody did a great job coaching too. I had one parent tell me that they were so glad he was their son's coach because he's so great with the kids. Our Assistant Coach told him that if he coached again next year that he'd really like to be his Assistant again because he was so great to work with. I also saw a great improvement in all of our kids. By the end of the season every single one of them was able to get a hit without having to use the tee.

I'm just so proud of both of my boys!!

2 comments:

Joe and Liz said...

That's awesome!! I bet Riley loved having Cody as his coach!

Becky said...

That is great you they could do that together. I think it is so fun to watch a father and son enjoy doing something like that together.