Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Halloween 2010

For Halloween this year, Chase was a turtle. Haha, obviously he was an elephant! And I must say he was a really cute elephant.
For Riley, he wanted to be a skeleton so I made him a skeleton costume by using black sweats and ironing on some white felt. Chase had some black sweats too, so I went ahead and made him one too. It was cute to have the two of them matching, but for Halloween Chase still went as an elephant.
A couple nights before Halloween, we sat down and carved pumpkins as a family. Riley's favorite part was digging out the guts. :)
Cody made the big scary pumpkin, mine was the ghost in the doorway, Riley made a really cool vampire, and then we made a moon for Chase.
Cody also dressed up for Halloween. Can you find him? Where's Waldo? My brother made this hat a few years ago when he was Waldo. So we borrowed the hat, bought a pair of geeky glasses, threw on a striped shirt, and Waldo was born.
We went to Boo at the Zoo and had a great time looking at the animals and doing a little trick or treating. Here's Riley's costume with the mask I made him. I also painted all the bones with glow in the dark paint. Unfortunately we couldn't get a picture in the dark with the bones glowing but trust me it was really cool to see the glowing bones walking down the street. One funny thing about the costume, one day when we were going to school one of the girls in the carpool said that her mom was going to buy her costume. Riley promptly said, "My Mom makes costumes." I just thought that was hilarious and I was happy that he was proud that his mom made his costume instead of buying it.
Trunk or Treating.
It started pouring rain during the trunk or treat so it didn't last too long. Thankfully the rain stopped when it was time to go trick or treating.

No comments: