Monday, November 9, 2009

Pie anyone?

This last weekend we had a chili/pie cook off in our ward. I decided to make a coconut cream pie. There were a total of 29 pies and I won 1st place! I couldn't believe it, I honestly didn't submit the pie thinking I would win anything. But when it came down to the pie contest they said there was one clear winner by far and then 3 people tied for second place. The criteria for judging the pies were: Did it look good? (Would you buy it at the store?), the crust, if the pie was set up, and of course the over all taste.

I would just like to thank my sister Robyn who gave me the pie filling recipe and my mom who gave me the awesome crust recipe and who taught me how to make it!

(I would've taken a picture of the pie but of course it was all gone and I really didn't think I'd win. But here's a picture of what I won!)


2 comments:

Andy and Ellen Family said...

Congratulations(four months ago!) I have been a little behind in my blogging! I'm catching up on everyone's first. I love the family picture!!

Shay said...

My mouth is drooling....send me the recipe! Congrats...that is really awesome!