Wednesday, September 3, 2008

Bear World

This last weekend we went to Idaho. While we were there we went to Bear World. Surprisingly, we had never gone there before, even though it's not that far away from Idaho Falls. We decided this summer that when we went to Idaho we would finally go to Bear World. We told Riley that we would go and for the past month and a half he has been marking his own little calendar with stickers, counting down the days until we would finally go to Bear World.

(Me, Grammy, and my cute little bear cub, Riley)

I can't believe how close you actually get to the bears. I thought it was funny that they told us you had to keep moving because if you stopped the bears could climb on the car. It was a little difficult to get any pictures because you have to keep your windows rolled up. But I had a few that turned out.

After we drove through to see the bears, we went to the little amusement park and petting zoo. Riley was being a scaredy cat and he started screaming on the first ride. The cars went up in the air and then they started bouncing and he did not like that. I think he was afraid he was going to fall. After that he'd only go on the train.

One of Riley's favorite parts at Bear World was the petting zoo. He said he loved petting the big pig.

Riley's other favorite part was the bear cubs. That was my favorite part too. The bear cubs are in an area all by themselves over by the amusement park. Riley loved watching the baby bear cubs run and play.

8 comments:

Shay said...

How much fun! We've always wanted to go too, but have never been. We don't know why because it's so close and looks so fun. We will definately make it there whenever we get back.

Jamie said...

Fun Stuff!! We went there when Addie was two, she loved the petting zoo. Nothing better than petting a stinky pig! I'm with you, I loved the bear cubs.

Becky said...

I have never heard of it before, now we will have to go.

Laisa said...

I've never heard of that place, but that seems like so much fun. What a mean Mom taking a pic of Riley crying (ha ha).

Colleen, Mike, Abbie and Aimee said...

I am so glad that Linda shared my blog with you! It was GREAT to look at yours and get caught up...I really can't believe how big Riley is! He is so CUTE!!! You guys were right in my neighborhood when you came to CA. We have season passes to Sea World and Disneyland is about 20 minutes away! We live in Mission Viejo. Yes, we did have a pretty good "June Gloom" this year. It was nice for us...but not so much for visitors!

I will keep tabs on your blog. I have linked you on my blog...hope that is ok...

I am so excited that you get to stay home with Riley. It is the BEST! I love Deerfield...but I don't miss working AT ALL!

Take care! It was good to hear from you!

Joe and Liz said...

Yeah...I'm glad you guys went there. We went this past summer with my brother's family and it was a blast. Tell Riley Abby was scared of the rides at first too, but then she didn't want to stop! Those rides are cute huh?!? You'll have to tell Riley how much you and Cody and into rides...just take him to Hollywood Connection and bump around a few times on the bumper cars. Ha Ha!
Did you guys get to feed the bears too. That's fun too if you ever go back. They come right up to the truck begging for food. Glad you had a great time!

Camille said...

Hopefully you get on and read this...I've been trying to email you and it won't go through! I'll call you soon though

Camille said...

I haven't been able to email you but I'll try again today! I'll be in SLC on Thursday and Friday for a conference...any plans to come up that way? Or maybe we could meet for dinner somewhere in the middle on Thursday?