Wednesday, October 22, 2008

Halloween's almost here!!



I can't believe how quickly October is flying by. I'm obviously not very good at keeping up on my blogging since I haven't posted anything for almost two months!! Honestly, we just haven't done anything too exciting to talk about.
As Halloween approaches, Riley keeps asking me if it's Halloween yet. Once he got his costume (he's going to be a Storm Trooper), he figured that Halloween must be close. He started asking every night if he could put his costume on and go outside Trick or Treating. Finally, to stop the questions, I decided to make him a countdown so he could see exactly how many days left until Halloween. This has seemed to work pretty well until today, he took his Tootsie Roll and then he brought me one too! I guess he's trying to make Halloween come a little sooner.
(I know it's a little late for this year but, if you like the countdown, I got the instructions from http://heartlandpaper.com/ then go to their blog and you can see all their upcoming and past projects.)
Something exciting for today is that my Mom's finally coming home!! My Mom has been gone for 9 weeks. She's been in Virginia taking care of my Grandma (she broke her hip) and my Aunt Polly (she was diagnosed with Lymphoma). I know I don't see my mom all of the time, but I can't believe how much I've missed her just knowing that she wasn't there for me to go see. I guess I can never move too far away. One thing I've really missed is that Cody and my Dad have season tickets to the BYU games and my Mom usually comes with my Dad and we get to hang out. I've really missed that time together. I'm glad she'll be able to come this weekend, I can't wait to see her. WELCOME HOME MOM!!

5 comments:

Joe and Liz said...

I like your countdown idea...so cute!! And I've missed your blog! I'm glad to see something here again. Have fun this Halloween...you'll have to post pictures of Riley in his costume. Sounds awesome!

Laisa said...

Welcome back! (ha ha) That Halloween countdown is way cute.....& uhhh, I just realized that I've only seen my Mom once this year - how sad is that?

I'll let ya know if we go to the zoo this Sat....maybe we'll bump into ya. :D

Colleen, Mike, Abbie and Aimee said...

So glad to see an update! I check often and was wondering if you fell off the planet! I haven't been very good at keeping my updated. I found out about 4 weeks ago that we have to move out of our townhome. It was a huge shock, so all of our energy has been finding a new home and packing! I did post a fun "wife" quiz...take it and let me know how you score...fun!

I love the countdown idea! Abbie doesn't quite "get" it yet, but I am going to check out the website for future projects!

Don't you just love staying at home with Riley? It's the best! Have a great day!
Colleen :)

Jamie said...

So cute! I didn't know you were so crafty!
Waiting for Holidays is torture for little kids. Clayton is going to be a dog and had worn his costume already many times, my one rule, it cannot leave the house until Halloween. Addie is going to be a cheerleader and her's hasn't even left thepackage yet. It gets easier as they get older! :)

Laisa said...

Hey, the answer to your dumb question (ha ha).....go to 'Layout', then click on 'Add a gadget'.....then its the 'Blog List'. I love it!!