Monday, December 15, 2008

Happy 8th Year Anniversary!!

(Engagement Photo)

I can't believe that 8 years ago today Cody and I were married in the SLC temple. As I look outside this morning I notice that the day is nothing like it was 8 years ago.


Cody and I were married at 7:00 am, which meant everyone had to be at the temple at 6:30. We had to be at the temple at 6!!Since it was so early in the morning I had my hair done the night before at midnight. Then I slept on the couch and I tried not to mess up my hair. Not that I was really going to sleep much the night before my wedding. Then Cody came and picked me up at about 5:30 am. We started our trek to the temple in a BLIZZARD! The weather was so bad that we almost missed our exit because we couldn't see. Thankfully, we made it to the temple (and so did the rest of our families) safely and we were married bright and early. But after the ceremony we looked outside and realized there was no way we could take any pictures. Our photographer was so understanding and said that we could just come back another day. So we went back about a month later and took all of the temple pictures. Our families weren't there but it was so much more laid back and relaxing then it would've been the day of our wedding.



(Cody's favorite pose, we even had some tourists take our picture!)

After we left the temple, we all met at Joanie's restaurant in Kaysville to have our wedding brunch. It was really a beautiful luncheon. Then, since we were exhausted, we went to our hotel room and took a nap. And so did everyone else. Thanks to the nap, we were well rested for our reception at my parent's church in Farmington. The next night we had another reception in Idaho Falls.

Thank you Cody for marrying me that cold December morning. These 8 years have been wonderful and I look forward to spending FOREVER with you.

8 comments:

Joe and Liz said...

Holy cow...I can't believe how young Cody looks in your engagement picture!! Congrats guys on your 8 years. I hope you guys can do something fun to celebrate!

Becky said...

8 years, I remember the weather that day. It was such a nice wedding, happy Anniversary!

Laisa said...

HAPPY ANNIVERSARY!! I totally love the pictures - Cody really does look young & you look like a model......& I'm not surprised about the football pose (ha ha). I hope you guys had a fun weekend. :D

Camille said...

You look so cute in those pictures! It's fun to see them! I'm glad you had a good anniversary!

KW said...

I remember that day well! It was a BLIZZARD! I almost didn't make it up there for the brunch. Congrats!!

Colleen, Mike, Abbie and Aimee said...

Cute then and cute now! Congrats! You and Cody have been married twice and long as Mike and me. Marriage is a beautiful thing!

Jamie said...

Happy Anniversary! Your pictures are gorgeous, you guys are one good looking couple. No wonder Riley is so cute!!!

J. Doug said...

Oh my goodness. I can totally remember when you started dating.
The Associates! Ah! how funny.
Fun to see your wedding photos again. What ever happened to Anne Hinckley?
-Doug