Thursday, April 22, 2010

Chase's Blessing

On March 7th, 2010 we blessed Chase. It was a very special day.
Cody's parents and his sister's family came and my parents, Hope's family, Scott, and my grandma were all there. And Chase finally let my mom hold him. This was only the 3rd time my mom was able to see him and it was the 1st time he didn't start screaming when she held him.
Cody headed on over to the church about an hour before so we'd be able to get a seat. There were 4 baby blessings in our ward that day and we already have over 600 members. So in order to make sure we could sit together, he had to get there as soon as the other ward's sacrament meeting was over.

Sacrament meeting started and the bishop announced the order of the blessings. He started with a baby girl and then said that CASEY Cody Thompson would be next. Oops, wrong name! At least the bishop wasn't the one giving the blessing. Although, Cody was then afraid that he was going to accidentally say Casey. He didn't of course, he gave Chase a beautiful blessing. And Chase didn't cry during the blessing!!

I got up and bore my testimony and thanked my Heavenly Father for this precious little boy. He may have taken a long time to come to our family, but we are so grateful that he's finally here.
My precious boy
I am also so grateful to have a wonderful husband that holds the preisthood and that is worthy to bless our little boy. He is an awesome husband and father, I couldn't ask for anything more. And I know I've said this many times, but I am again grateful to know that my family can be together forever.

No comments: