Friday, April 23, 2010

Grandma's 90th birthday! March 12, 2010


With the passing of my Granddad, my Grandma, Mollie Heath, decided to move to Utah and live with my parents. Now she's able to spend time with her grandkids and great grandkids.

A month after she moved here she had her 90th birthday!! It was great that she was here in Utah because we were able to spend this special day with her. My Uncle Steve and Aunt Linda also came for the birthday since they live in Seattle, Washington and Utah wasn't too far to come. 10 years ago my Uncle Steve, my parents, Scott and I went to Virginia to celebrate her 80th. Crazy how time flies by.

(A little side note: On that trip to Virginia, Cody and I realized that I flew home from Virginia and he flew home from his mission in Washington D.C. on the exact same day. And the airlines lost our luggage! We could've been filling out forms, at the SLC airport, for our lost luggage at the same time! Kind of crazy.)

Anyways, back to my Grandma's birthday. So what do you buy a 90 year old woman? I asked Scott this question and he told me what she wanted. A pony! What? She told my parents at dinner one night that she always wanted a pony and my granddad never got her one. Then she looked my mom right in the eye and said, "I'd take care of it." We thought this was so funny so we decided to buy her a pony. A my little pony. We made sure it came with a grooming kit so she could "take care of it."

It was a great idea, it made her laugh. Which was good, since I know she was missing my Granddad terribly. I'm so glad that she had all of us and we were able to spend that day with her.

No comments: