Sunday, November 9, 2008

I love to see the Temple

This weekend, Cody and I were able to attend the wedding of our friend Kristin at the SLC temple. It has almost been eight years since Cody and I were married in the SLC temple. As we sat in the sealing room, waiting for the bride and groom, we had time to remember our wedding. Cody was sure that we were sitting in the exact same room that we were married in. He said that it looked just like it. :) Of course they all look the same so I'm not really sure if it was the same room or not. But it was kind of fun to think that it was the same room.
As the sealing continued, I was reminded of the covenants that we made and the blessings that we have been given. I am so grateful that we were married in the temple. I am grateful to know that we have been sealed to eachother and to Riley for time and all eternity. I am grateful that I was also born in the covenant and that I'm sealed to my family. We are so blessed to know for a fact that we will be together in the next life. My grandparents are not LDS, they hope and believe that they will be together again but they don't have that assurance like we do.
I am so excited for Kristin and Jared and the life that they have begun together. You could not mistake the joy they had in their faces as they were joined together forever. Thanks again for letting us be part of your wonderful day!

2 comments:

Jamie said...

Great picture of the temple, did you take that?
I love going to weddings they make you remember what it was like in the beginning! (Not that it isn't great ten years later) :)

Shay said...

That is so awesome that you went to their sealing. I've been thinking about Kristin all week long. I'm so happy for the two of them.