Thursday, November 13, 2008

Where are my keys?

Today, Riley and I went shopping to get the last few things that I needed for my enrichment night tomorrow. We were at our last stop, Walmart. As we were getting closer to the car, I reached in my purse to get my keys. I have a special pocket that I always put my keys in, but they weren't there. So I started looking through my purse and I said, "Where are my keys?" Riley said, "Maybe they're in the car." I said, "I hope not, because the car is locked." I'm sure you can all see where this is going. Yes, the keys were in the car, in fact they were still in the ignition! Now I'm not always the best at locking my car, but I've tried to be much better. I honestly don't even remember flipping the automatic locks as I was getting out. But I did.
Now the question is, how do I get my car unlocked and how do I get home? The only other key that we have is on Cody's key ring and he is over 20 minutes away. Also, I didn't really want to call him and make him leave work. I did try to call him to see if he had any ideas on how I could break into our car. Then I realized that he wasn't even in his office today, he was out somewhere in the school, so I had no idea how to even get a hold of him. So I started calling everyone I knew in my ward that was in my cell phone or that I knew by heart. Apparently, everyone else was out for the day too. I finally got a hold of my friend Tanya and she was able to give me the number for the police department. I called the police station and 10 minutes later a nice police officer was there to unlock my car. It only took him about 2 minutes and my car was unlocked. I'm so grateful to be home and to know where my keys are!

4 comments:

Laisa said...

Oh no, I am so sorry....I bet that just added to the stress of Enrichment. I can't believe it was still in the ignition....you must've been in a rush!

Hayley said...

Nothing could make shopping at Wal-mart worse than locking your keys in you car...sorry;( Hey, I just made my blog private, so send me an e-mail to sfworthen@gmail.com and I will send you and invite!

Jamie said...

In High School I used to lock my keys in my car A LOT! One time town weeks in a row I was in the very same parking lot in Bountiful and the very same police man came to help me both times!

Camille said...

I'm sad that I couldn't come to your enrichment night (and sorry that you locked your keys in your car). But I'm coming up this weekend, you busy?