Tuesday, November 18, 2008

Toilet paper anyone?

So this is a little embarrassing but it's too funny not to share.
Yesterday I went in the bathroom and realized, after it was too late, that we were out of toilet paper. I called to Riley and told him to go to the other bathroom and get me some toilet paper. A couple minutes later he came in holding three squares of paper. (I had just put new toilet paper in the other bathroom the night before and I had left the rest of the package in there on the floor.) I explained to him that I wanted the whole roll, not just a little piece. He said that he couldn't get the whole roll out, so I told him to just bring the whole package.
A few minutes later he walked in like this

I was so angry that he had just ruined an entire roll of toilet paper but I busted out laughing. Apparently, he never saw the entire package of toilet paper sitting right in front of him! When he said he couldn't get the roll out, he didn't mean from the package, he meant he couldn't get it off the toilet paper roll holder. So he just unrolled the WHOLE roll and brought it to me. Thanks Riley, you are so helpful!

7 comments:

Joe and Liz said...

That's hilarious!!! I loved the picture of Riley!! What a crack up.

Laisa said...

See the fun things you miss out on when you're not working??.....you & Riley are quite a team!! Oh, btw, thanks for not mentioning whether you did a #1 or #2 (ha ha ha)

Camille said...

He is so funny...and I'm sad I'm going to miss you yet again. We will have to figure out a time when we will both be in provo!

Colleen, Mike, Abbie and Aimee said...

That is totally adorable. I love how literally they take what you say! Sweet boy!

Weston & Jennie said...

Kids, you gotta love them. At least he tried. He could have left you to drip dry. :)

Cody and Nicole said...

Thanks for the visual Jennie!

Andy and Ellen Family said...

Hey Nicole, Jamie emailed me and gave me her blog site which led me to yours. Kids are awesome!! Riley sure is cute. Anyway, as I was reading I saw that you haven't been feeling very good. Hillary has had lots of problems lately too and finally went to an internal medicine doctor that checked her completely out and has been very helpful. They finally decided it was her thyroid even though all of her test would come back normal. Same with my mom her test were always normal but when they went in to take it out it was half dead!! Anyway sorry for such the long comment. It was fun reading your blog!! Ellen