Sunday, November 23, 2008

Twilight Premiere!!


Thanks to a family member of a friend, I was able to attend a premiere showing of Twilight on Thursday at 7:00 pm. (I didn't have to stay out until 2:30 am!) It was so much fun. Eight of us drove to Jordan Commons in my friend Jill's Excursion and on the way we listened to the soundtrack. (We liked the soundtrack even more on the way home after we saw the movie.) We had dinner and then got in line to go into the theatre. As we approached the door to the theatre we found out that they were scanning us with a wand to make sure we didn't have any cameras. Of course we had cameras!! So Laisa and I had to run all the way back to the car to put our cameras away. The "guards" were from Summit Entertainment and since we were getting a special preview we couldn't take any pictures. They wanted everyone to take their cell phones back to their cars too. Since everyone had phones, they compromised and just let us turn them off. Luckily, I did take a couple pictures while we were eating dinner.

(Me and Jill)

As we walked into the theatre they handed us VIP badges. (Thanks Laisa for taking a picture and posting it on your blog so I could steal it.) Some of the badges had symbols or words on the back that meant you won a prize. A few of us in our group won a bookmark. Then we finally sat back and enjoyed the movie. I absolutely loved it! I was expecting the worst, but I was pleasantly surprised and I can't wait to see it again!

6 comments:

Becky said...

I have not read to books yet, I guess I really need to. What a fun time. We did the same thing to see wall-e and had to give them our cell phones. What a great girls night.

k8shoe said...

Lucky that you got to go at a normal time but early! Bookmarks? WAHOO! :) You'd think they could come up with some better prizes for the premeire!

Cody and Nicole said...

They did give out better prizes, that was just the one that people in our group won. They also gave away, Bella's perfume, and gummy bears to all the Grizzly guys that came, and they had 3 big packs for Bella, Edward, and Jacob. Jacob's was funny, it was a furry blanket and some Meadow smelling febreeze for the stink!

Jamie said...

You're not going to believe it, but I did not like those books. I think I am the only Mormon woman alive who doesn't love them. I'm glad you had a good time though!

Laisa said...

You're welcome! :D I'm in need of another girls night (ha ha).

Camille said...

I'm sad that I didn't get to see you this weekend! But I'm glad that you had fun..I liked the movie too...we will have to talk soon!