Thursday, June 4, 2009

California

We went to visit Robyn and Matt during spring break. Scott also took a trip to California during that time, so we were able to hang out with him. While we were in California we all went to a Padre/Dodger game. Matt loves the Padres and Cody loves the Dodgers, so it's always a good time.

Cole, Christian, and Scott

Robyn and Scott (Scott decided that he is a Padre fan)
Since we had plans the next day in San Diego we stayed with Matt's parents that night. They made us feel so welcome. They even saved a special orange so Riley could have the opportunity of picking an orange off the tree. (The orange was really stuck on the tree, so Riley needed a little help)
The next day Robyn, Scott, and I took the kids to the zoo while Cody and Matt went to another ball game. Unfortunately, I got food poisoning or a strange flu bug and I was not feeling well at all. Plus, the stop and go traffic on the way to the zoo did not help. At one point Scott talked me into getting a wheelchair and he said he'd wheel me around the zoo. I was so sick I decided to do it. (Don't I look thrilled)
When Scott started wheeling me around I started feeling even worse, I don't think the rolling along was helping. I decided I'd go back to the car and lay down while everyone walked around the zoo. Cole was tired and wanted to go home anyways, so Scott said he'd take the kids to see a few things while Robyn took me back to the car and then he'd bring the kids to the car. What a nice brother, he was so caring to me and he was really sweet with the kids.

That weekend was easter so the kids were able to decorate easter eggs and then they had an easter egg hunt.

Other than getting sick, we had a great time in California.

2 comments:

Jamie said...

I love the thought of Scott pushing you around the zoo in a wheelchair! He really is a great brother. I'm so glad that your condo sold, it is a great time to buy a house! There are so many people out there who are desprate to sell. If you end up at your Mom's house give me a call and we can get together!!

k8shoe said...

Holy cow...I can't believe little Scotty is not little any more! Crazy! (Has anyone ever told him he looks like the guy on Fast and the Furious?)