Thursday, June 4, 2009

Riley's 5th Birthday

I can't believe that my baby boy is now 5 years old.
It's amazing how fast time flies by. He's going to be starting kindergarten this year!
(I don't know what he's doing in this picture.)

We decided to have a birthday party this year. Riley said that he wanted to have a dinosaur party. So I made a volcano cake. (It was supposed to have smoke coming out of the top but I didn't have time to go get the dry ice.) Oh well, the kids still thought it was cool.


Here's all the kids helping him open his presents!

Then we had a dinosaur pinata! It was a little more difficult to break it open then I thought. We eventually just had to rip it open, but at least all the kids got an opportunity to take a whack at it.

2 comments:

Joe and Liz said...

Nicole...I've missed your posts!! Happy Birthday to Riley. I can't believe he's 5 too. I remember visiting you guys in the hospital when he was born! He's such a sweet little boy! Looks like a fun party too....great job on your cake! And good luck house hunting...you'll have to keep us posted!

Anonymous said...

What a cute cake. I am so not creative in that department. We are getting Jeremy's cake at Costco!

Michelle