Wednesday, June 24, 2009

It's About Time...

I guess I should finally let everyone know the goods news. We are going to have a baby! We actually found out that I was pregnant the day that our condo went under contract. It was a big night for us. I actually couldn't believe it, so I had to take the test twice just to make sure.

The next day was Riley's birthday, for one of his presents we announced that we are going to have a baby. He is so excited, now he just can't wait to find out if he's getting a brother or sister. He wants a brother of course. When we went to the Dr. a few weeks ago the Dr. asked if we had any questions, Riley promptly raised his hand and said, "I have a question, what kind of baby is it going to be?!" The Dr. just laughed, he gave Riley a picture of the ultrasound (we did an ultrasound because it was still too early to hear the heartbeat) and he asked Riley if he could tell what the baby was going to be. Riley's sure it's a boy!

I have been more sick this time than I was with Riley so everyone tells me it's a girl. Even the Dr. said that, then he said he's usually right about 50% of the time, haha. Cody and I don't care if it's a boy or a girl, we just feel blessed to be having another baby.

I do feel really bad though, because of the timing, I won't be the biggest help when we move in a few days. I just get to sit back and boss people around. :) Oh well, Cody doesn't mind, we're both just so happy!

8 comments:

Becky said...

That is so great! I am so happy for you!

Shay said...

YAY! YAY! YAY! Cody told Jer the good news last week and I jumped for joy for you! I'm so excited for you. We are moving into our new home tomorrow and I can't do a dang thing either...7 more weeks to go! I can't wait to hear what you are having also!

Anonymous said...

Wow, congratulations! You guys have big things going on. I am so happy for you. Your house looks absolutely beautiful.

Michelle

KW said...

Yeah! I was just thinking the other day about you and that maybe you would be pregnant soon...and I was right. I am so happy for you and I am sure Riley is so excited. Congrats!!

Colleen, Mike, Abbie and Aimee said...

YAHOOOOOO for you!!! I'm very excited! Riley will be a great big brother and you will have so much fun being able to stay home full time with the little pumkin! Can't wait to find out if it's a little boy or girl! I'm very happy for you!

Joe and Liz said...

Congrats guys!! We are so excited for you all! Riley is going to be such a great big brother. Have you been feeling okay Nicole? You'l have to let us know when you find out if it's a boy or a girl. If it's a girl I'll have to send some hairbows and a tutu your way...if it's a boy no tutus for him! :) But I'll send you something! :) Congrats!

k8shoe said...

Congratulations Nicole! That is so exciting! I'll be seeing ya in a little over a week, I guess. :)

Jamie said...

Congratulations! I am so happy for you. Riley will be the sweetest big brother! :)