Wednesday, March 31, 2010

All good things happen in blizzards!

It was 12/30/2009! The day had finally arrived, Chase was scheduled to be born today. At 6:20 a.m. we got a telephone call from the hospital telling us that they had a room for us as soon as we could get there. They told us to take our time because the roads were really bad. Perfect! We had had another huge storm and there was a lot of snow. Just over 9 years ago Cody and I were married during a blizzard and now we were about to have our second precious baby boy in yet another blizzard.

Cody's parents had arrived two days before, so they were all prepared to take care of Riley while we were at the hospital. We slowly made our way to the hospital once again and finally got there at about 7:30 a.m.

Around 2:30 I started feeling a lot of pressure and I knew the time was getting close. I was doing much better this time. I only threw up once as opposed to when Riley was born. At about 3:15 the nurse came in and told me that the Dr. was delivering another baby and would be in soon. The Dr. finally came in around 3:30 and 3 pushes later Chase was born (3:34 p.m.). He was 6 lbs 12 oz and 18 1/2 inches long.

Riley was thankfully able to come and see his new baby brother. There had been a few scares with the H1N1 flu and there had been restrictions that no kids would be allowed in the hospital. These restrictions were lifted just a few weeks before Chase was born. I was so happy that Riley was able to come and see us. He was able to go watch Chase get his very first bath.
Grammy and Papa Bear Thompson came to welcome Chase (their 8th Grandson and their 10th grandchild) to the world.
I told my family not to come. It had continued to snow all day long and there were over 100 accidents on the freeway. My Mom was still in Virginia because she had found out that my Granddad had cancer. My Dad came home from Virginia but I really didn't want him driving in the snow. This was my parents 12th grandson and 15th grandchild and this would be the first one that my Mom would not be able to see for a while.

Scott and my Dad came the next day. Hope didn't come because she had sick kids and she didn't want to risk any of us getting sick. Carma and Chad, Cody's sister and her husband, came and saw us the next day also.
It was one of the happiest days of my life. It took us a long time to bring Chase into our lives and I am so grateful that he's finally here.
I'm grateful to my Heavenly Father for entrusting this precious little boy to us. I'm grateful to a wonderful husband who is always there for me, and I'm grateful for Riley and Chase and the joy that they bring into our lives. And most of all I am grateful to know that my family can be together forever!

1 comment:

Camille said...

First of all, I'm super excited that you are catching up on your blog. Especially since it has been way too long since I saw you last and I missed all these things. And second of all, I'm so happy that you have Chase there with you. I know it was a tough road and I'm so glad everything worked out. You certainly deserve it. Love you!