Tuesday, March 30, 2010

Decorating for Christmas 2009

Now that we have a home and not a small little condo, we have a lot more to decorate. We started by putting up Christmas lights for the first time!
You may notice that only a small portion of our house has Christmas lights. This is because Cody was scared to death of our roof. He climbed up to the top of the roof and he looked down and told me that he now needed to change his pants. Then Riley was thoughtful and said, "Dad, don't fall." I wasn't too keen on the idea anyways because the roof is really steep. Cody said that if he was able to put the lights up that they would be there forever because he was never going to get up on the roof again. I told him to get off the roof and we proceeded to put the lights up around the shortest portion of our roof. Next year we'll try to put them up around the garage!

Now that we have a living room and a family room, we decided to put up two Christmas trees. I put my Christmas tree in the living room

and Riley was able to decorate his own tree. He actually made all of the ornaments, he swirled paint inside plastic bulbs and glued sequins on foam ornaments. Then Riley asked Cody where his tree was.

Riley also made a gingerbread house all by himself (I just put the frosting on for him). I personally love the tree marshmallows on the roof.
I was able to put up our stockings, I even added one for Chase. And we put up our beautiful nativity, my favorite decoration.

I just love decorating for Christmas!

1 comment:

Joe and Liz said...

Poor Cody!! I think I would have peed my pants too! :)